Search by Keyword
Dentaplex Dental Miconutrient Complex Diatary Supplement
Click to enlarge image(s)
Dietary Supplement for Healthy Teeth & Gums
50 tablets per Bottle
What is Dentaplex?
DENTAPLEX, a professionally recommended nutritional supplement developed in conjunction with dentists, is the first supplement designed to help promote healthy teeth and gums in adults and children 12 years and older. DENTAPLEX is specifically formulated to help patients obtain the nutrients they need for proper growth, protection, and overall health of oral structures and tissues.
Nutrition plays a key role in the maintenance of overall health as well as oral health. The best way to keep your mouth healthy is to brush and floss frequently and avoid tobacco products. It is also important to make sure you are eating a healthy and balanced diet.
Even those who eat well can be at risk for nutritional deficiencies due to pollution, stress and various medications and medical conditions that can interfere with the absorption of essential nutrients or accelerate their depletion.
A clinical study of 100 people who were referred to a dental office for treatment showed that the majority received less than the recommended dietary allowance (RDA) for calcium, thiamin, and vitamin A. In addition, the average adult does not get adequate amounts of zinc, magnesium, or folic acid. In a healthy mouth, nutrients support normal renewal and turnover of the tissue and bones that surround and support the teeth. DENTAPLEX provides the nutrients necessary to help maintain healthy teeth and gums.
DENTAPLEX Components and Their Role in Oral Health*
Supplement Facts Serving Size: One (1) Tablet
COMPONENT AMOUNT PER SERVING %DV** FUNCTION*
Vitamin A 5000 IU 100% • Antioxidant; protects cells by neutralizing free radicals that cause oxidative cellular damage
• Essential for normal growth and maintenance of oral epithelial tissues and bones
• Deficiency is associated with periodontal pocket formation, a symptom of periodontal disease
Vitamin C 300 mg 500% • Important for the synthesis of collagen, the primary connective tissue in the gingiva and the major organic constituent of the alveolar (jaw) bone and the epithelium (the outer tissue layer)
• Enhances the movement and function of white blood cells which are responsible for fighting infection
• Deficiency is known to lead to severe periodontal disease
• Certain individuals such as the elderly, cigarette smokers and those who take birth control pills tend to have lower blood levels of vitamin C
Vitamin D 200 IU 50% • Essential for the development and maintenance of teeth and bones that surround and support teeth
• Promotes intestinal absorption of calcium
Vitamin E 30 IU 100% • A potent antioxidant; protects cells by neutralizing free radicals that cause oxidative cellular damage
• Exhibits anti-inflammatory properties which may increase host resistance of the periodontium, thereby limiting inflammation induced tissue destruction
B complex • Oral tissues are composed of rapidly growing cells with a high turnover rate, increasing the need for B complex vitamins
• Helps maintain the body’s normal immune function
• Lower levels of B complex vitamins are associated with tooth loss
Vitamin B1 7.5 mg 500%
Vitamin B2 8.5 mg 500%
Vitamin B6 10 mg 500%
Vitamin B12 30 mcg 500%
Folic Acid 400 mcg 100%
Calcium 333 mg 33% • Essential to the normal development and maintenance of teeth and the bone that surrounds and supports teeth
• Studies suggest that low dietary calcium intake is directly related to increased levels of periodontal disease. It has also been associated with gingival inflammation, pocket formation, and alveolar bone resorption
Magnesium 40 mg 10% • Magnesium is essential for the mobilization of calcium from bone and assists in the maintenance of normal bone formation and regeneration.
• Magnesium is present in both enamel and dentin, concentrated twice as much in the dentin than the enamel.
• Deficiency can adversely effect the periodontium by producing a lower rate of alveolar bone formation and widening of the periodontal ligament (a symptom of periodontal disease)
Zinc 20 mg 133% • Important in bone metabolism, including alveolar bone.
• Vital for wound healing, immune function, and general growth of all tissues.
• Inhibits the release of certain enzymes and histamine that cause inflammation.
• Essential to the normal immune function and general growth of all tissues
Selenium 15 mcg 22% • Antioxidant; protects cells by neutralizing free radicals that surround and support teeth, dentin, and enamel
Copper 2 mg 100% • Important in stabilizing newly formed collagen tissues in the mouth
Molybdenum 25 mcg 33% • Important in the growth and development of alveolar bone, dentin, and enamel.
Vanadium 10 mcg † • Required for cellular metabolism and for the formation of healthy bones and teeth
Suggested Use: Adults and children 12 years and older: 1 or 2 tablets daily, taken with a meal or as directed by a dental professional.
**%DV (Dietary Values) represents the Reference Daily Intake that has been established by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The DV for each nutrient represents the average nutrient need for most adults, though many circumstances may result in increased nutritional needs.
†DV not established.
Will YOU Benefit From DENTAPLEX?*
General use…to help keep teeth and gums healthy in everyone, 12 years of age and older.
Post-surgical patients…useful following extractions, root canals, implants, etc., as nutritional insurance during recovery and through continued use after surgery to help keep teeth and gum structures healthy.
Orthodontic patients…helps keep teeth and gums healthy during structural adjustment.
Periodontal patients…helps ensure adequate amounts of key nutrients known to help keep the periodontium healthy.
Peri/postmenopausal patients…provides nutrients, such as calcium and vitamin D, necessary for healthy alveolar (jaw) bone and overall oral structures.
Elderly patients…provides additional nutrients for those that have diets deficient in vitamins and minerals critical for helping to keep teeth and gums healthy.
Can DENTAPLEX be taken in addition to a general multivitamin multimineral supplement such as CENTRUM® (Lederle) or ONE-A-DAY® (Bayer)?
Yes. The DENTAPLEX formulation was carefully developed to ensure that the amounts of all components were within a safe intake range (NOAEL, LOAEL), even if taken with a general multivitamin multimineral supplement. There are vitamin and mineral components of DENTAPLEX that exceed the maximum Daily Value or RDA. However, as stated by the Council for Responsible Nutrition (CRN), exceeding the maximum RDA in no way means that such overage amounts are unsafe. There is scientific evidence that in certain body metabolic and physiological processes there may be an increased need for vitamins and minerals to maintain tissues and cell integrity and growth.
* THESE STATEMENTS HAVE NOT BEEN EVALUATED BY THE FOOD AND DRUG ADMINISTRATION. THIS PRODUCT IS NOT INTENDED TO DIAGNOSE, TREAT, CURE OR PREVENT ANY DISEASE.
**Note: All information on this website is intended for your general knowledge only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for a specific medical condition. Please consult your physician if you have questions or concerns regarding your health.
** I DO OFFER INTERNATIONAL ORDERS! PLEASE CONTACT ME VIA EMAIL AT Sherry@FlossU.com**